5 Kitchen Remodeling Ideas
Are you looking to remodel your kitchen in Houston or Dallas, these are some of the trends that are catching on this year. Our best kitchen designs will give you inspiration for your own kitchen makeover. Whatever layout you have, these kitchen decorating ideas will help you remodel your décor and features for style, function and flair in the heart of your home.
1) Updating your cooking and food prep area with a tile backsplash is a visually appealing, functional and long-lasting design choice. It allows plenty of room for your own creativity to shine through. If you opt for subway tile, you can even design your own pattern that harmonizes with the look you want. We have more ideas in backsplash like certain tiles, contact us for a more in depth design session
2) Paint old cabinets but first change the doors to a more modern shaker style. You can brighten a large or small kitchen design with fresh paint and new cabinet hardware. For a clean, sophisticated look, consider neutral tones or a bright shade of white.
3) Open Up and Update. Go for open shelves instead of upper cabinets to provide display space and make a small kitchen feel larger. Install shelves at standard upper-cabinet height. The lower shelf should be approximately 18 inches above the counter. We can do a lot more than this for an open kitchen but this is a good place to start
4) New Countertops. You might be surprised by how much new countertops impact kitchen designs. For example, white and gray solid surface countertops are beautiful enough to serve as a focal point for your entire kitchen. We can help you choose the right colors
5) Change the flooring. If a total kitchen transformation is what you’re after, it’s time to redo your flooring. Many choices are available nowadays. If you’re looking for a durable, easy-to-clean option and love the traditional appeal of hardwoods, consider a wood-look alternative, such as vinyl or glazed ceramic tile, which can also be used for a featured wall or backsplash. Our designers can help you pick the right tile
Thanks for reading